Training Magazine recognizes the Top 100 companies (Links to an external site.) that excel at training and developing employees each year. The award has a new name, and it’s now called Training APEX Awards (as of 2022).
At the time of this assignment – the Top 100 companies are in alphabetical order. The complete list can be accessed here (Links to an external site.). Examples of companies on the list include:
- Cardinal Health
- CVS Health
- Edward Jones
- Hackensack Meridian Health
- NYC Health + Hospitals
- Paychex, Inc.
- Southern New Hampshire University
- Two Men and a Truck International
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change
Directions: Choose one of these companies from the list to research. Notably, 10 companies are included above; however, you can select any company on the list. We will check to ensure the company you’ve selected appears on the list.
Visit the company’s website and/or look for references in publications such as Training Magazine, Workforce, or HR Magazine. In total, you need at least two references to complete the research report.
Please select ONE of the following areas to research, and write about it in your assignment:
- Choice A: Training Programs. Provide specific examples of TWO training programs and state which employees attend (e.g., leaders, frontline associates, customer service reps). Also, describe the focus of the training program.
- Choice B Training Delivery. Provide specific examples of TWO ways training is delivered (e.g., online courses, virtual-instructor-led, in-person) at the company. Explain the benefits of using those two training delivery methods.
Finally, if available, state the amount of money the company devotes to training and the total number of employees trained. This information should be provided whether you select Choice A or Choice B.
There are 3 paragraphs included in the research report. Also, this assignment is a report – meaning it should be written in your own words!
- Company Name & Summary. In the first paragraph, you should name the company and provide a 2-3 sentence description of the company. Also, describe why you selected the company (e.g., do you like their brand, are you a customer, do you know someone that works there). Next, provide the company description. Specifically, the company description should include (1) the number of employees, (2) the year the organization was founded, (3) the mission statement, (4) business description (i.e., why are they in business?), and (5) their most recent revenue (2021 or 2020).
- Choice A or Choice B. The second paragraph will discuss Choice A – Training Programs or Choice B – Training Delivery. You should ensure this section is detailed-oriented. See above for additional details about what to include in Choice A or Choice B. Remember if the information is available, please state the amount of money the company spends training their employees.
- Conclusion. In the third paragraph, the paper should conclude why you believe the company was ranked in the Top 100. Use examples to help explain your response.
There are a total of three paragraphs. Further, you must use headers and bullet points to make the assignment easier to read within your paragraphs.
References. You should have a minimum of two resources, and the hyperlinks should be included at the end of the assignment.