- his Assignment requires you to submit to Moodle a simple regression preliminary report write up. Submit in PDF format only
You will perform a simple regression pre-assessment to assist you in identifying evidence for (or against) the feasibility of performing a simple regression analysis. That is, you are NOT being requested to run a full simple regression analysis of this dataset. Please DO NOT submit simple regression tables with model or coefficient significance interpretations.
1) All students are to complete simple regression preliminary analysis. Examine the correlations between all interval and ratio level variables and select, for your investigation, the 2 variables with the highest correlation. Report the correlation table and your 2 variable choices.
2) Reference the preliminary analysis guide and preliminary report writeup exemplar attached to this assignment. Also reference the readings assigned in Moodle, textbook, and notes from this week posted to Moodle to support your efforts.
Be sure to address ALL of the following, in your write up, including all supportive numerical summaries and charts formatted to class expectations:
- Has the linearity assumption been met? Why or why not?
- Has the normality assumption been met? Why or why not?
- Has the independence assumption been met? Why or why not?
- Has the equal variances assumption been met? Why or why not?
- Is a transformation warranted? Why or why not? Why or why not?